We were appointed to be the principle point of liaison between the Organising Committee, the principal contractor and the IOC.
As a critical requirement for the implementation of the Look of the Games the IOC demanded previous experience. This was to assist the local Organising Committee and the principle contractor to maximise the branding with the most effective methods, materials and logistics.
Our Director of Global Events, Giles Stanford, was in Korea for the 3 months prior to the Games to provide advice during the production and installation phase. Manufacturing started extremely late December 2017, so detailed planning and co-ordination with the supply chain was required to start the installation phase in mid-January. By providing close support to the local contractor we provided:
- Materials & finishing details
- Installation methodology as required by International Federations
- Quality control with local supply chain
- Resource planning & allocation
- Smart Logistics
- Contingency planning and implementation
- Liaison with IOC and OBS
- Specific advice for POCOG